Make a list of the things you are interested in. (pets, sports, hobbies, human behaviour, nature).
Is there something you have always wondered about? Have you done something at school you would like to research further?
For each thing on your list brainstorm with a friend, parent or teacher, for questions you could research.
- Start a log/process diary to keep a record of your progress and keep notes.
- Do some background research around your chosen topic.
- Talk to your mentor to help you refine your research question.
- Create an outline of the things you want cover.
- Use a wide variety of resources sources; inter net, library, people.
- Make notes on all the things in your outline.
- Write your first draft and present it to a mentor and have them offer advice.
- Check the Oral Presentation judging criteria.
- Practice your presentation.
- Think of questions the judges could ask. Don't forget your log book.